The Stoner Pundit

Choose you're own slogan for this site, because I'm too stoned to figure one out: Higher Discourse for Higher Minded People. cool. way cool. Last week's news reported to you tomorrow. I'm fairly combative for a pothead. I've found a friend in weed. Pothead slackers unite! Because being a pothead is way better for society than being a loser meth addict.

Monday, February 06, 2006

Cartoon War: My Solution

From Little Green Footballs
Omar Bakri Mohammed, the radical Muslim cleric, has said the cartoonist behind caricatures of the Prophet Mohammed that have sparked outrage across the Arab world should be tried and executed under Islamic law.

He said if countries refused to put people on trial for insulting Mohammed they must “face the consequences”.

My solution is simple, very simple. It goes against many of our standing Western traditions, but I'm willing to do that for world peace, love, and harmony. With my solution we'll all be able to hold hands together and pick flowers in the grass.

So here it is: I, citizen of a Western democracy will make no effort to offend your Islamic God(s), countries, or prophets. In return you Islamic citizens of mostly totatalitarian states will make no effort to offend my Western God(s), countries, or prophets. Thus in doing so I will turn over anyone who offends your fragile Muslim sensibilities, whether by word or artistic expression. You in turn will turn over anyone who offends our Western sensibilities by word or artistic expression. Thus, I agree to turn over the cartoonists, if you in turn will turn over every Muslim who has ever shouted "Death To America" (or any Western country for that matter) and every Muslim who has ever burned the flag or embassy of a Western country.

You see I can understand our Western offense and how it affects you and your co-religionists. You must also understand that I, even as Western kafir infidel, I have feelings also. My religion is liberty and freedom (and reason)for all, which is embodied by the soul of my country, the United States of America. When you burn my flag or shout death to my country it greatly offends me. So please be nice. We don't have to have stupid shouting matches or embassy burnings to come to a mutual understanding of our differences.