The Stoner Pundit

Choose you're own slogan for this site, because I'm too stoned to figure one out: Higher Discourse for Higher Minded People. cool. way cool. Last week's news reported to you tomorrow. I'm fairly combative for a pothead. I've found a friend in weed. Pothead slackers unite! Because being a pothead is way better for society than being a loser meth addict.

Saturday, February 04, 2006

I'm Back With "The Death to Islam" Cartoon Contest

I've been off for a while. I've just started smoking weed again after a semi-long respite. It's a good to get off now and then to change thinking now and then, but it's also nice when I'm back on the stuff for a little while. So much has happened.

Image hosting by Photobucket

The extermination is on it's way? You don't have to go far on the internet to find pictures and statements like those in the picture above. I read somewhere that Palestinians in Gaza were praising their brother Osama Bin Laden in hopes that he would destroy Denmark. I would provide links, but if you do a simple search on Google or hit the Instapundit.com
or Little Green Footballs or other sites, you'll find the information. Read what the militant Islamofascists have to say. All of this because of a few cartoons. If they'll kill people over this, they'll willingly kill all of us over any reason they can think of. So in defense of tolerance and reason, I say "Death to Islam!". Or at least the militant assholes of Islam.

Christopher Hitchens at Slate had this to say:


Which is what taboos are for. Islam makes very large claims for itself. In its art there is a prejudice against representing the human form at all. The prohibition on picturing the prophet—who was only another male mammal—is apparently absolute. So is the prohibition on pork or alcohol or, in some Muslim societies, music or dancing. Very well then, let a good Muslim abstain rigorously from all these. But if he claims the right to make me abstain as well, he offers the clearest possible proof of an aggressive intent. This current coexistence is only an interlude, he seems to say. For the moment, all I can do is claim to possess absolute truth and demand absolute immunity from criticism. But in the future, you will do what I say and you will do it on pain of death.

I refuse to be spoken to in that tone of voice, which as it happens I chance to find "offensive." ( By the way, hasn't the word "offensive" become really offensive lately?) I, too, have strong convictions and beliefs, and value the Enlightenment above any priesthood or sacred fetish-object. It is revolting to me to breathe the same air as wafts toward me the exhalations of the madrasahs, or the fumes of the suicide-murderers, or the sermons of Billy Graham and Joseph Ratzinger. But these same principles of mine also prevent me from wreaking random violence on the nearest church, or kidnapping a Muslim at random and holding him hostage, or making a moronic spectacle of myself threatening blood and fire to individuals who have hurt my feelings. The babyish rumor-fuelled tantrums that erupt all the time, especially in the Islamic world, show yet again that faith belongs to the spoiled and selfish childhood of our species.

Concise and to the point, Jeff Goldstein at Protein Wisdom says:

Translation: “Free speech is good so long as it tolerates our right, as an identity group, to dictate which free speech is authentic and allowable. Otherwise, y’know, we get to torch shit.”
With all of the furor over the Danish cartoons, I thought I'd create one of my own and see if other bloggers out there will join me in lampooning the stupid ideology of Islam. I understand that the cartoons in question were offensive to the feeble minds of many Muslims. I understand why they would be upset. It's okay to be offended. It's okay to be upset. It's not okay to threaten the rest of the world with massacres because someone drew a picture of your religion's psychopathic leader. It's not okay to commit violence just because someone offended you and your fragile mental state. Well... I guess it's okay if you're Muslim. Then it's definitely okay.

So if you create a cartoon please leave a link to your blog in the comments section. I may even post the best on this blog. My cartoon is below. I call it "The Prophet Mohammed Gets Head From Pam Anderson".

Image hosting by Photobucket

Are we in the midst of watching the Muslim world destroy itself?

I was hoping the "Islam vs the West" would mostly be a cold war (where eventually hearts and minds could be won), with small interventions here and there, but it now looks like we are well on our way to a very hot war. A war that may result in the death of hundreds of millions of people. The question that comes to my mind is always about the use of WMD. What happens after Bin Laden or Iran or Pakistan or some other muslim group uses a nuke or nukes? I don't believe we will just step aside and say "Oh, that's okay we're just going to let them get away with it." I think our retalliation will be swift and unforgiving. Perhaps even leading the extermination of Islam and its adherents. As always I hope I'm wrong on this. I hope that we can live peaceably in this world.